Sunday, June 5, 2016

Glaucoma Specialty Club: A start


This glaucoma blog (or "glog", as I shall henceforth call it) has been made for those ophthalmologists who have interest in glaucoma. 

We can discuss about stuff which appeals us. Be it basic sciences, diagnostic methods or management strategies

This brings us to the question of who I am? I am an ophthalmologist with almost 20 years of experience working in many hospitals across Asia. My interest in glaucoma has led me to re-visit old theories and explore new areas of research. What specially stimulates me are the "biochemical mechanisms of glaucoma causation" and "newer methods to treat glaucoma".

On this glog I shall try to share my experiences and hope to interact with you all regularly.

Keep in touch,

Dr Syed Shoeb Ahmad
MBBS, MS, FAEH, FCLI
Queen Elizabeth Hospital,
Kota Kinabalu,
MALAYSIA


2 comments:

PERIPAPILLARY RETINOSCHISIS IN GLAUCOMA

  Peripapillary changes on OCT scans are being increasingly reported in glaucoma patients. This could be due to better awareness of these ch...